The Autostop Eliminator is an intelligent device for the auto start/stop system that plugs into the back of your GMC Sierra 1500's auto stop-start switch assembly. It restores your preference for auto start-stop automatically which eliminates the need to press the disable ESS button after each ignition cycle.Important Notes for the 2022 Model Year:
- 2022 Pre-refresh - The 12th digit of the VIN is a 4 or lower.
- 2022 Refreshed - The 12th digit of the VIN is 5 or higher. The Autostop Eliminator device installs behind the auto start/stop switch similar to the pre-refresh, but the installation procedure is different and varies by trim level. Contact us with the model, trim, and whether or not your truck has a center console and we'll provide you with the correct printable instructions.
- All Other Model Years - There is no need to check the VIN. All 2019-2021 models require the AE030. All 2023-2024 models require the AE039.
Our switch-based design avoids all of the negative side effects because it interacts with the vehicle exactly as GM intended. Don't be fooled by the hacks that:
- Require warranty voiding software changes
- Drain the battery
- Disable Active Fuel Management (AFM)
- Keep the vehicle in "diagnostic mode" which disables the malfunction indicator light (check-engine light) and can interfere with airbag functionality. (Every GM diagnostic port auto start/stop device we've seen has this major flaw.)
- Hack the battery management system
- Interfere with remote start systems
Sure our solution may take a few extra minutes to install, but avoiding all of the negative side effects is well worth it.
Beware of the knockoffs sold elsewhere as "Start/Stop Eliminators". These are not authentic Autostop Eliminators.
Look closely and you'll see a huge quality difference. We use the same genuine high-quality connectors used by OEMs. They use Chinese clones and non-automotive style connectors that can vibrate loose. Our products are made in the United States by fairly compensated workers. They outsource overseas. Our electronic components are of the highest quality available and are certified for harsh automotive environments. Their components are made from cheap general-purpose electronics.
Don't be lured in by the convenience of shopping on Amazon, eBay, etc. They are selling junk at the price of a quality product. That's how they can afford to pay commissions to these sites and still turn a profit. Buy from us, install it once, and have the problem solved for the life of the vehicle. Choose quality. You'll be glad you did.
Click the "Installation" tab above for installation instructions.
Accessing the stop/start switch may look a little intimidating to some, but it's actually really easy. First-time installers can usually install the Autostop Eliminator stop/start device on the GMC Sierra 1500 in 30-40 minutes. Experienced installers can install it in 15-20 minutes. As you can see from our reviews, our customers love the Autostop Eliminator device and most find the installation very easy.
We have an Autostop Eliminator installation video below for the AE030. For the AE039 installation instructions, contact us with the model, trim, and whether or not your truck has a center console and we'll provide you with the correct printable instructions.
GMC Sierra Auto Stop Disable
From Autostop Eliminator