How To Disable The Auto Start Stop On A Hyundai
- Newer Hyundai vehicles are coming standard with idle stop & go technology with no way to permanently disable it.
- The idle stop & go technology does not provide much gas savings for Hyundai vehicles and it will wear down your ignition components faster.
- Autostop Eliminator makes auto stop devices for different Hyundai vehicles which will permanently disable the idle stop & go technology, if desired.
Idle Stop and Go was designed by Hyundai to reduce fuel consumption by automatically shutting off the engine when the vehicle comes to a complete stop, such as at a stoplight. This feature is often referred to as the auto stop or auto start stop feature. This feature can be shut off on your Hyundai but by design, you will need to do it every time you start your vehicle. Before we look at how to disable the auto start stop on a Hyundai, let’s look at the ISG system as a whole. There are some prerequisites for the engine to be automatically started by the ISG system.
ISG Activation Prerequisites
In order for the ISG system to operate properly there are some conditions that must first be met:
- The driver’s seatbelt is fastened
- The driver's door and hood are closed
- The brake vacuum pressure is adequate
- The battery sensor is activated and the battery is sufficiently charged
- The outside temperature is not too high or low
- The vehicle is driven at a constant speed and stops
- The climate control system satisfies the conditions
- The vehicle is warmed up enough
- ISG related parts are working properly
- The incline is gradual
- The steering wheel is turned less than 180 degrees and the vehicle then stops
When these prerequisites from above are satisfied and the ISG is on, the engine will be stopped automatically when these occurrences take place:
- the vehicle speed decreases to 0 mph
- the brake pedal is depressed
- the gear is in Drive or Neutral
When the engine stops the driver will be greeted with the Auto Shop indicator illuminating green on the instrument cluster. The Idle stop will not occur again until the vehicle reaches above 3 mph and returns to the optimal automatic stop conditions. During Auto Stop mode, ISG will be deactivated if the engine hood is opened. If the ISG system is deactivated, the ISG off button will light and message ‘Auto Stop is off.’
When the engine has automatically stopped by ISG it will restart if any of the following actions are initiated
- a release of the brake pedal
- when Auto Hold is activated
- depressing the brake pedal by shifting the gear from Neutral to Drive, Reverse or Park.
The Auto Stop indicator will light up white on the instrument cluster when the engine has restarted.
How To Temporarily Disable ISG
Although, if you don’t particularly care for the Idle Stop & Go feature in your Hyundai, there is an option to disable it. Drivers can simply press the disable ISG button to turn OFF the system.
Unfortunately, this solution is only temporary as Hyundai did not include a way to permanently disable the ISG feature. Drivers will have to annoyingly press this button every time they start their Hyundai if they wish to keep it off and avoid their car restarting at every stop during a drive. Having to press an extra button every time you start your car seems frustrating, because it is.
How To Permanently Disable ISG With Autostop Eliminator
In order to eliminate this extra distraction and overall hassle of having to remember to turn off the ISG system each and every time you step into your car, we have carefully crafted the ultimate solution to your auto start-stop problems with the Autostop Eliminator. You’ll also be excited to hear that this device is an especially easy, one-time install.
The technology of this device is simple yet effective. It does not make any changes to the Hyundai computer system, whatsoever. Instead, it will electronically inform your Hyundai to turn off the ISG feature and keep it off! You’ll no longer have to experience the headache of remembering to disable ISG every time you start your car. However this upgrade is not ‘entirely’ permanent. If you decide that you want to reactivate your Hyundai ISG system you can do so with just a press of a button. Whether you have the ISG on or off, your preference will be remembered by the Autostop Eliminator device so you don’t have to push the ISG button when you start your Hyundai. With the Autostop Eliminator device you will have complete control of when your engine starts and when it shuts off. Most importantly, this device disables the auto start-stop feature in a safe manner, so you won’t have to worry about any mishaps because of a car hack you saw online. You can now enjoy driving your Hyundai without the engine shutting off once and for all!
Get An Autostop Eliminator Today!
We can’t wait to give you some relief and we know you will love all that our device has to offer! Visit the Hyundai page of our website to see if we have an Autostop Eliminator for your Hyundai, like the Hyundai Palisade, and the Hyundai Santa Fe . If you would like more information about the Autostop Eliminator device please visit our website. Many of your questions can be quickly answered by visiting our FAQ section, or you can always feel free to contact us by email if you have any further questions not addressed in our FAQ. Let us help you make your driving experience all that you want and more!