Disabling auto start/stop on your F-150 couldn't be easier. This intelligent device restores your preference for auto start-stop automatically which eliminates the need to press the button after each ignition cycle.
We offer an in-line harness type and a diagnostic port type. Both provide the same functionality, but there are slight differences with respect to installation, etc. Check out the differences in the device type comparison image.
Can't decide which one to get?
The AE010 diagnostic port type works with all F-150s, so it's always a great option.
Want the harness type, but not sure which one fits?
- If you have the split hazard/auto start-stop switch assembly, then you need the AE000.
- If you have the split auto start-stop/camera switch assembly, then you need the AE003.
- If you have the split auto start-stop/lane keep assist switch assembly, then you need the AE002.
- Otherwise, you must have the single button auto start-stop switch assembly. For this switch, if it's the leftmost switch in the panel, you need the AE003. If it's the rightmost switch, you need the AE001.
- If you need help, please ask firstname.lastname@example.org.
The diagnostic port type simply plugs into the On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) port under the dash in the driver's side footwell. While plugged in, the device will work to ensure when you turn auto start/stop off, it stays off.
The device has an LED light to indicate when it's awake and working. Some may prefer the LED to remain OFF so this preference is configurable. To turn the LED light OFF, press and hold the auto start/stop button on the vehicle until the LED light on the device blinks (~5 seconds). Repeat the procedure to turn the LED back ON. After completing this procedure, be sure to check the state of auto start/stop using the OFF indicator on the auto start/stop switch. Assuming your preference is OFF, you may need to press the auto start/stop button breifly once more.
The device can be plugged or unplugged at any time. However, since it does not make any changes to the vehicle, the device must stay plugged in for your auto start/stop preference to be automatically restored.Harness Type
The harness type plugs into the back of the auto start/stop switch assembly. Installation is easy and only takes a few minutes! Check out the un-cut video below to see how easy it is.